12.31.2016

Photos: I am not all soft, sweet, sad, hence #TheDifferentShadesofMe series - says Soul Singer, Jessica Bongos


Abuja-based Soul/Jazz Singer, Jessica Bongos-Ikwue, is gradually leaving imprints with her music style in the hearts of her fans, with her professional career spanning over three years as a solo artist. She recently raised brows towards her direction and got people talking on social media with the release of a new set of sizzling pictures. This new photo series tagged #TheDifferentShadesofMe aptly portrays her in light the public had never seen before.

Asked what inspired the new photo series, "I am working on my first album and the photo shoot is just to promote the album. It is a themed photo shoot; #TheDifferentShadesofMe. I just wanted to show the different sides of me. People know me, but they don't really know me. I think they've just seen one side of me, which is normal, safe not very exciting... So I just wanted to show different sides of me. Some days I'm safe, boring, normal, but other days I'm exciting, bold, spontaneous, while on some other days I'm nonchalant, unbothered, strong. On some other days you see me sweet, mushy, gentle and everyday I'm Nigerian", she said exclusively to TJ.

Commenting on the forthcoming album, Jessica revealed: " My debut album which will get a release date early 2017, will reflect #TheDifferentShadesofMe. I've not picked out a title yet, but once I put all the songs together and #TheDifferentShadesofMe works as the title, then that would be it. Unlike my first EP, Unscathed, which had four sad/heartbreak songs out of the five songs, my album is going to show the different sides of me, including the fun, serious and reflective side that is conscious of what's going on in the society, the more Nigerian side of me, the sweet, mushy, love side of me. So basically, I want the album to show all the sides of me, as opposed to the one side people usually know me for."

Jessica released her first EP; Unscathed, in 2014 to wide applause and it contained five songs, with the titles; Walking Away, The Friend Zone, You Left Me, Never said Thank You and Man On Man (Bongos Ikwe Cover). All songs were produced by Atta Lenell Otigba, Music Producer/Composer and Recording Artiste.

Here are the #TheDifferentShadesofMe photos








   


No comments:

Post a Comment